Cheap Thrills: Felt It Up
August 24, 2010 § 1 Comment
Today’s Cheap Thrill is a craft project! Hooray!
I love felt. I love felt because it’s cheap and fairly sturdy and doesn’t unravel when you cut it. My beautiful friend Katherine got married a while back, and we used felt for all kinds of projects, not the least of which was this pretty little flower in her hair:
Here are your steps:
1. Admire how cute groom Chris looks over Kat’s right shoulder all smiley in the photo above. Happiness is adorable.
2. Go to the store and get some felt (should be about 30 cents a sheet… go buck wild!) in the colors you prefer, and some cheap buttons (or raid your button stash if you have that sort of thing, or use one of those spare buttons that came with a coat or something).
3. Go to this sweet little blog and acquire the template: Click Here!
4. Cut out your petals, stitch or glue them together, stick the whole shebang on a spare bobby pin, and tada! You are now a craft genius. Martha is shaking in her intimidatingly well chosen and sensible shoes. Of course, she’s making a five course dinner from scratch while she’s shaking, but whatever. Screw her.
5. Wear. Feel proud. Glow a little. Make more (cause felt is cheap!) and give them away.